EU4Youth: Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
The key components include the following:
• Skill development and capacity building for civil servants and not only;
• Development of inter-sectoral interaction and cooperation between public authorities and the establishment of sustainable interaction networks between Public Employment Services;
• Informing and raising awareness of young people on decent work standards;
• Piloting certain elements of the Youth Guarantee scheme; working towards validation and certification of skills acquired through non-formal education.
The Programme provides both classic packages of capacity building activities (trainings, courses, etc.) for civil servants and innovative activities towards the development of active labour market measures for unemployed young people, NEETs, and disadvantaged youth.
The Project is intended as an instrument to assist all the countries of the Eastern Partnership to support constructive and mutually compatible youth employment field.
The project aims to achieve two main goals:
1. Building cross-sector interaction and cooperation among the three institutional branches: public, private, and nongovernmental institutions.
2. Professional development of employees of public authorities (Public Employment Service and other authorities, which prioritize the issues of youth employment and job placement).
Enhanced capacity for stakeholders for active labour market policies developments and evidence based employment policy design;
Massive information campaigned and knowledge sharing on youth employment policies, labour legislation, youth rights and standards;
Piloted Youth Guarantee-type measures integrated into the public youth employment policy;
Legislative and structural changes and amendments for better jobs and recognition of skills acquired through non-formal and informal learning.