Support to Transformation and Achievement of Excellence in Pomegranate Value Chain (STEP)
During the project, technical assistance will be provided to pomegranate growers in order to increase the opportunities for agritourism in 5 pomegranate farms identified by AZTA-Azerbaijan Tourism Association, as a co-applicant of PPEAA during the project. As a result of the agro-tourism program, pomegranate tours and technical assistance, farmers and their communities will be able to receive both local and foreign tourists, sell fruits and other pomegranate products for higher profits, and directly promote local cuisine.
- Support to farmers’ capacity building;
- Improving the quality and safety of products through educating farmers on Global G.A.P. disciplines;
- Facilitation of access of urban consumers to products of local pomegranate producing communities.
- Creation of alternative sources of income for smallholders from agritourism;
- Creation of employment options for women in the areas of processing, sales, and agritourism;
- Sustainable operation of PPEAA in pomegranate-growing regions.