Support to the Government of Azerbaijan in development and implementation of long-term energy strategy for economic diversification
1) Update the existing Long Term Energy Strategy (LTES) document, taking into account negative socio-economic impact of the
2) Develop specific energy modelling tools to increase the capacities of the Ministry of energy of Azerbaijan to design energy models for the country.
3) Develop a new energy model for the country and new Energy scenarios, taking into account different variables
4) Train the personnel of the Ministry of Energy in how to use the energy modelling tools, on how analyse the new energy models and scenarios, and in how to develop long term energy strategies using those modelling approaches
- Updating the existing Long Term Energy Strategy (LTES) document taking into account negative socio-economic impact of the
COVID-19 pandemic in to Azerbaijan and the global effects from lockdown;
- Develop appropriate modelling tools to support decision making within the frame of long-term energy strategy
- Develop trainings and workshops to strengthen institutional capacity of the Ministry of Energy to design and implement a long-term energy strategy, analyzing various policy options and scenarios for development until 2050, based on a robust assessment of energy supply, demand trends and considering potential for renewables, energy efficiency, green mobility, as well effects of energy markets liberalization and compliance with climate change obligations.
- At least 10 representatives of the Ministry of Energy trained on the approaches used to perform long-term energy sector strategy studies, including but not limited to basic concepts and notions in energy modelling and definitions, short-, medium- and long-term energy modelling, demand forecasting methods, key aspects related to the energy balance tables, Sankey diagrams
- Implementation of a training programme and the development of training materials covering in detail all topics presented within training;
- Training Report with the Consultant’s assessment and recommendations for further the training on the fundamentals of energy planning;
- A structured energy modelling data set with templates;
- Guidelines for the collection, processing, and maintenance of the required Data Sets;
- The customized and tailored modelling tool, calibrated against the data representing the baseline scenario and adapted to the needs of Azerbaijan;
- A report presenting the results of the simulations for the baseline scenario;
- The user manuals for the proposed modelling tools;
- Report on results of the simulations for the alternative scenarios;
- The model(s) operational manual;
- At least 10 representatives of the Ministry of Energy trained on use the model(s) and work on scenarios;
- Implementation of a training programme and the development of training materials for each training;
- Training Report with the assessment of the Consultant and his recommendations.