EU Regional Communication Programme for the Eastern Neighbourhood ('EU NEIGHBOURS east')
The European Union Neighbourhood Communication Programme will complement and build partnerships/synergies with a wide range of communication activities implemented at national level by the EU Delegations, which include thematic communication campaigns, public diplomacy actions and outreach in partnership with youth activists, media partners, national autorities, civil society organisations, academia and different professional networks and associations.
- To raise awareness and improve understanding of the results of cooperation and its benefit for citizens of the Eastern partner countries through facts and human-interest stories by showcasing the impact of the EU and its actions on daily life of people in the Eastern Neighbourhood.
- To stimulate a positive public debate about the EU and the cooperation with the Eastern partner countries and build partnership with Youth, Media, CSOs, Academia, National Authorities and different professional networks and associations with the aim to communicate better and maximising outreach in the region.
- To measure the support to and monitor the public perception of the EU in the partner countries.
- To contribute to addressing issues related to disinformation and build informational resilience in the region.
- To create and maintain momentum and demand in society for transformational reforms (including accountable and transparent governance, rule of law, anti-corruption, judiciary).
- To build associations between the reform process and impact/tangible improvements on the daily lives of citizens.
- Increased outreach of EU-related information, news, opportunities and success stories from the Eastern partner countries through an effective online communication platform and channels.
- Enhanced dialogue between young people from the EU and the Eastern partner countries via a strong network Young European Ambassadors and their civic engagement actions.
- Strengthened communication capabilities in relation to digital communication infrastructure and strategic communication approach.
- Established effective contacts and partnerships with relevant international institutions and projects in communicating the EU in the Eastern Neighbourhood.
- A developed network of media and non-media partners as multipliers of information and EU messages.
- Enhanced understanding of the public opinion regarding the EU in the Eastern partner countries through regular quantitative and qualitative surveying.