The EU and the IFRC launch a Call for Proposals for Civil Society Organizations
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) launches a Call for Proposals for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) under an EU-funded project in Azerbaijan.
Through this action, the IFRC aims at contributing to the reduction of vulnerabilities and strengthening of the resilience of people affected by crises and other forms of emergencies, in partnership and cooperation with CSOs, local authorities, and other relevant stakeholders in Azerbaijan, by focusing on capacity strengthening of the civil society organizations in the country.
The Call for Proposals aims at supporting the selected CSOs to implement project activities in the area of providing essential livelihoods and recovery support, targeting the most vulnerable groups, particularly people with disabilities and internally displaced people (IDPs). The support shall be in the form of livelihoods and recovery interventions, including the provision of livelihoods, restoration of assets, skills development for IDPs, and livelihood diversification through new income-generating activities including micro-economic enterprises. Implementation of projects under this Call is expected to result in:
- Greater participation of community-based and grassroots organizations in the local development process.
- Generation of best practices that can be replicated or scaled up for the progress towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Building multi-stakeholder partnerships and alliances around the local development agenda.
- Creating and improving the organizational settings and institutional development of the CSOs.
- A greater number of community-led initiatives which are inclusive and gender-sensitive.
Applicants must submit their proposals electronically.
- GET detailed information about the application process for grants. (The application process starts on the 20th of October)
- The deadline for the submission of applications is 8 December 2023.
- An information session on this Call for Proposals will be held on 20 October 2023 at 11:00 online.
- JOIN an information session for the Call for Proposals
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the application process.