European Union Water Initiative Plus for the Eastern Partnership (EUWI+ 4 EaP)
More specifically, the project aims to support partner countries in bringing their national policies and strategies into line with the EU Water Framework Directive and other multilateral environmental agreements.
- Organisation of regular National Policy Dialogues.
- Preparation of analytical work to support policy reforms and implementation of river basins management plans.
- Preparation of country and regional training plan and organisation of trainings, coaching and training of trainers.
- Technical support for drafting and reviewing policies and strategies.
- Strengthening of laboratory and monitoring systems, including rehabilitation of laboratories and equipment, purchase of equipment, and technical support.
- Development and implementation of River Basin Management Plans, including.
- Organisation of joint field surveys in trans-boundary rivers.
- Development and strengthening of national databases on water related issues.
- Support to river basin management institutions in the implementation of management plans.
- Establishing a system for regular monitoring of the implementation of management plans.
- Public awareness, communication and data/information management.