PGG III: Partnership for Good Governance (Phase III 2023-2027)
The PGG will also continue supporting Armenia and Azerbaijan and is also foreseen to support co-operation with Belarusian democratic forces and civil society.
The PGG III supports the effective implementation of domestic reforms through complementary actions such as legal advice (including legal opinions provided under the QRM), capacity building and awareness-raising activities to reinforce national institutions capacities and increase public awareness of the PGG goals and benefits for citizens.
Specifically, the Programme aims to:
- Strengthen the rule of law and reinforce the judiciary.
- Counter economic crime.
- Promote gender equality and non-discrimination and protect the rights of vulnerable groups and women.
- Provide legal advice by the Venice Commission and other Council of Europe bodies linked to priority related reforms through the Quick Response Mechanism.
PGG activities include:
- Legal expertise
- Expert assistance and support
- Policy guidance and advisory tools
- Capacity building
- Mentoring and coaching
- Institution building through support to processes of institutional change
- Awareness raising
- Publications of reports and comparative data on achievements of the Programme objectives.
2. Improve regional co-operation allowing for shared knowledge, enhanced exchange of information and good practices and deepened networks.
3. Provide needs-based legal advice to priority reforms, in line with European and international standards through the Quick Response Mechanism available for partner countries.
4. Enhance the capacity of national stakeholders and civil society organisations to promote human rights and gender equality and combat discrimination and violence against women.