Specifically, the project aims to:
- Support the enhancement of the role of the cultural sector as driver of economic development.
- Promote intercultural dialogue for peaceful inter-community relations and knowledge exchange across the countries.
- Contribute to improving local governance in the culture sector through support for regulatory processes and participative policy dialogue.
- Support the development and implementation of local Cultural Development Strategies: up to three non-capital cities and towns in each partner country will receive €30,000 to develop a Cultural Development Strategy; one of those three will then receive up to €300,000 to implement its Strategy;
- Launch a grant scheme for local and regional festivals, cultural projects and cross-innovation projects.
- Organise a mobility scheme for artists and cultural professionals.
- Provide capacity building support to selected towns in the fields of Internationalisation, Cultural Enterprise and Management, and Cultural Indicators and Statistics.