Raising awareness of the Istanbul Convention and other gender equality standards in Azerbaijan
- assessing the institutional capacity to prevent and combat VAW/DV in Azerbaijan
- providing technical assistance to promote the signature of the IC
- strengthening capacity of justice sector officials to respond to cases involving violations of women's rights through gender sensitive and victim-centred approaches.
- This project seeks to provide support to the Azerbaijani authorities in their path towards the signature and ratification of the Istanbul Convention and to bring national legislation and policies in line with the Council of Europe standards.
- Increase in the authorities’ capacity to develop national legislation and policies in line with CoE standards on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, including the Istanbul Convention;
- Application of knowledge and skills on the Istanbul Convention and CoE standards on gender equality by legal professionals and civil servants when dealing with cases of violence against women and domestic violence.