EU4Gender Equality: Together Against Gender Stereotypes and Gender-Based Violence
- To improve men’s involvement in household and caretaking responsibilities and increase their participation in programmes that promote active fatherhood.
- To spur the adoption of best practices in programmes working with perpetrators of violence against women and improve prevention interventions.
- Launching innovative awareness-raising and advocacy campaigns to tackle gender stereotypes and discriminatory practices against women and girls.
- Providing grants to CSOs to roll out a series of tailored activities aimed at improving opportunities for women by tackling gender stereotypes.
- Working with local health-care facilities to increase men’s engagement in prenatal care and establish networks where fathers can benefit from peer-to-peer exchange.
- Advocating for the adoption of best parental-leave practices to increase the number of men involved in raising and caring for their children.
- Developing guidance on working with potential perpetrators to prevent violence against women before it happens.
- Providing technical assistance to institutions working with perpetrators of violence against women on how to integrate innovative models for evidence-based early prevention.