Local Coordinator in Azerbaijan for PPRD East programme
The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) is looking for an individual to undertake the part-time position of Local Coordinator in Baku, Azerbaijan for the EU- funded programme “Prevention, Preparedness and Response to natural and man-made disasters in Eastern Partnership countries – phase 3” (PPRD East 3).
PPRD East 3 started in 2020 with the purpose to strengthen disaster risk reduction and crisis management in the Eastern Partnership countries and promoting regional cooperation among the partnership countries and with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism. The 3rd phase of the programme will be implemented during the years 2020-2024 and is operational in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The target group for the programme is civil protection authorities and key ministries other relevant public sector stakeholders, the scientific community, civil society and the private sector in the partner countries.
The programme is implemented by a group of consortium partners – the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) as the lead organisation, Emergency Services Academy Finland (ESAF), Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic – Section of Crisis Management (SKR MV SR), Centro Internazionale in Monitoraggio Ambientale (CIMA) and the Italian Red Cross (CRI). The team of experts is led by the Team Leader from the duty station in Tbilisi. The Team Leader works closely with the programme management team based in Sweden.
The Local Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Team Leader.
Work tasks include the following:
- Provide daily technical support to the Supervisors and project experts. Office maintenance, record keeping, correspondence and other.
- Assisting in the logistical arrangements of experts’ missions, organisation of the trainings, seminars, workshops, and other project events taking place in Azerbaijan e.g. booking of accommodation, venue, catering etc.
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships between the programme management team and other stakeholders involved in the activities.
- Ensuring administration procedures and documentation are followed according to PPRD East 3 programme guidelines.
- Support in translation/interpretation from Azerbaijani to English and vice versa during and in the preparation of the activities.
- Drafting and editing meeting minutes, assisting the Team Leader in editing quarterly project reports, work plans and any other relevant documents.
- Draft and disseminate communication materials for social media and other visibility platforms.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Team Leader as required.
- Inform the PPRD Team Leader of possible synergies with other ongoing national and international initiatives.
A successful candidate for this post is expected to possess:
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in roles of a logistical officer, administrative officer, focal point, and project coordinator or similar.
- Strong communication skills with experience in using digital tools for communication purposes (Social media platforms, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong computer skills with proven experience in using Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Structured approach to addressing tasks, strong admin skills and working in an organised way.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment with high-level participation
- Experience in spoken translation and high-level documentation translation of Azerbaijani to English and vice versa is desirable.
- Experience working in the field of Crisis Management (especially trainings and exercises) is an asset.
- Experience of work with volunteering organization and /or Civil Society Organizations involved in Civil Protection initiatives in Azerbaijan is an advantage.
The programmes strive to work within normal office hours, however, since the programmes cover several countries in different time zones, flexibility in working time is expected. Travels in Azerbaijan, as well as international travel, might occur.
|University degree in the relevant academic field.|
Proficiency in written and spoken English and Azerbaijani (mother tongue) is a mandatory requirement. Working knowledge of Russian is considered an asset.
It is of utmost priority that the candidate understands, respect and acts in the spirit of the mandate and core values of the EU and MSB. The candidate must possess a high level of professional and personal maturity, especially in relation to the conflict sensitivity in the region. An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Team Leader, programme management, partner organisations, experts as well as external partners. The candidate has an out-going personality and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment, demonstrates initiative, is flexible and solution-oriented and feels comfortable working in a high paced working environment. Social qualities such as responsive communication and interpersonal skills are considered essential. Cultural, gender and conflict sensitivity are essential for this position.
- Consultancy position, contracting on a basis of a service contract. The candidate is expected to have a status of self-employed/legal entity.
- The position is part-time occupation and service contract will be signed for one year with possibility for extension. The extension will be offered on the basis of a mid-term evaluation.
- A gross monthly part-time salary of 700 EUR
Application and selection process
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in English and application letter per e-mail to email@example.com the reference: Local Coordinator AZERBAIJAN, at the latest by 18 August 2022. In case of any questions regarding this position please mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be invited to interviews digitally via Zoom, and possibly also a face-to-face interview.
The selected candidate must have the status of self-employed/legal entity. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes, and charges including insurance.
Please be informed that interested candidates shall not currently have or have had any contractual relationship with the Ministry of Emergency situations (MES) in the past 6 months.