The overall objective of the project is to provide support to the Government of Azerbaijan in the development of SME’s to enhance competitiveness, job creation and sustainable economic growth in Azerbaijan. The project has two main components: 1) support the SMBDA in its institutional, operational and capacity building; 2) support to the Ministry of Economy on development of the entrepreneurship policy and regulations. The project purpose is to support the SMBDA in its institutional, operational and capacity building, and to support the MoE on development of the entrepreneurship policy and regulations.
This project aims to enhance the positioning of the SMBDA in line with the Strategic Road Map adapted in 2016, and to promote SME development and stimulate diversification of the economy. As indicated by the strategic vision of Azerbaijan for the development of the SMEs, the SMBDA is the key institution to achieve further improvement of the business environment, to simplify access to financing opportunities for SMEs and trade markets, and to enhance competitiveness as well as increased contribution of the SMEs to economic development, and to improve business knowledge and skills at work for the prosperity of Azerbaijan.
The project has two main components:
– support the SMBDA in its institutional, operational and capacity building;
– support to the Ministry of Economy on development of the entrepreneurship policy and regulations.
– PMO in SMBDA supported to develop project management with respective process flows, internal legal framework and policy documents and 5 operational departments supported to develop 3 years Business plans;
– Alternative and innovative funding models as well as policy papers for SME Development Funds prepared;
– Effective communication function of the SMBDA built;
– Government support policy recommendations for SME clusters based on best international practice developed;
– Support for establishing and operation of SME Development Centres;
– Capacity of the staff of SMBDA, SMB Houses, departments of the Ministry of Economy, representatives of the relevant bodies involved to the Supervisory Council of SMBDA (Confederation of Entrepreneurs, ASK, line Ministries) as well as SMB development centers at the universities enhanced.
European Profiles S.A.
Economic development and better market opportunities
Project Type: Local
Start Date: 2020-01-27
European Profiles S.A.