Support to the government of Azerbaijan in creating more enabling SME's environment and to enhance their competitiveness
This project aims to enhance the positioning of the SMBDA in line with the Strategic Road Map adapted in 2016, and to promote SME development and stimulate diversification of the economy. As indicated by the strategic vision of Azerbaijan for the development of the SMEs, the SMBDA is the key institution to achieve further improvement of the business environment, to simplify access to financing opportunities for SMEs and trade markets, and to enhance competitiveness as well as increased contribution of the SMEs to economic development, and to improve business knowledge and skills at work for the prosperity of Azerbaijan.
- support the SMBDA in its institutional, operational and capacity building;
- support to the Ministry of Economy on development of the entrepreneurship policy and regulations.
- Alternative and innovative funding models as well as policy papers for SME Development Funds prepared;
- Effective communication function of the SMBDA built;
- Government support policy recommendations for SME clusters based on best international practice developed;
- Support for establishing and operation of SME Development Centres;
- Capacity of the staff of SMBDA, SMB Houses, departments of the Ministry of Economy, representatives of the relevant bodies involved to the Supervisory Council of SMBDA (Confederation of Entrepreneurs, ASK, line Ministries) as well as SMB development centers at the universities enhanced.