The EU4Energy Communication Project was launched in June 2017 with the objective to increase the visibility of the EU-funded bilateral and regional assistance in the energy field. It covers the six Eastern Partnership countries.
The EU4Energy initiative aims to showcase the benefits of EU support and to highlight the impact of the EU energy cooperation on the daily lives of citizens in the beneficiary countries. It operates under the umbrella of the OPEN “EU NEIGHBOURS east” communication project and builds on the communication platforms/channels already developed under this project.
The general objective of this project is to contribute to the improvement of public perception of the EU and a better understanding of European policies and their impact through the regional and bilateral EU support and cooperation programmers in the Eastern Partnership Countries.
1) Coordination/support function:
– Provision of communication support to EU-funded projects in the energy field.
2) Provision of real time information through various channels:
– A dedicated ‘EU4Energy’ sub-site in the EU Neighbours web-portal (www.eu4energy.eu ) to act as a “one-stop-shop” for information on EU energy cooperation.
– Production of high quality content to be shared with EU Delegations and relevant projects to use on their respective channels.
– Drafting and disseminating regular news alerts on energy related topics, initiatives and events.
3) Development and implementation of public awareness campaigns and thematic events:
– Campaign on energy efficiency to present the impact of EU assistance.
– Development of short and dynamic communication campaigns to emphasize EU energy policy and related EU support in the region (e.g. renewable energies, energy security, etc.).
– Provide support to EU Delegations in the implementation of relevant thematic events, such as e.g. the “Sustainable Energy Weeks”.
– Coordination/communication support to EU-funded projects in the energy field.
– Provision of real time information through various channels.
– Development and implementation of public awareness campaigns and thematic events.
– Enhancing media relations.
Connectivity, energy efficiency, environment and climate change; Cross-cutting priority areas
Region: Whole country or multi-country
Project Type: Local
Start Date: 2016-01-01
€1 400 000