“Entrepreneurship for Youth” project is funded by the European Union, in the framework of Education Support Program in Azerbaijan. The action is also co-funded by Pasha Bank and implemented by Junior Achievement Azerbaijan (JA Azerbaijan) in the partnership with Azerbaijan Micro-finance Association (AMFA), JA Estonia.
The overall objective of the “Entrepreneurship for Youth” project is to strengthen the capacity and participation of civil society in development of the entrepreneurial eco-system through promotion of entrepreneurship education (EE) and provision of financial literacy (FL).
The project is implemented in Baku, Gabala, Gakh, Ganja, Khachmaz, Masally, Mingachevir and Zagatala regions . The action is engaged 150 teachers and 3 000 students from 4 vocational and 42 secondary schools.
– To promote a dialogue among various stakeholders to build an entrepreneurial ecosystem in Azerbaijan;
– To engage local entrepreneurs, businessmen and CSOs in capacity building, resource development and delivery of entrepreneurship education and financial literacy;
– To integrate entrepreneurship education into education curricula through application of the best European experiences on entrepreneurship education and financial literacy;
– Support piloting European experince on entrepreneurship education and financial literacy in Baku, Gabala, Masally, Ganja, Khachmaz, Mingachevir, Zagatala and Gakh.
– Learning from Estonian experience of teaching entrepreneurship and financial literacy at the secondary and high school;
– Develop and test teaching-learning tools (teacher guide, student book, paper and digital learning materials) on entrepreneurial education and financial literacy based on JA program;
– Advancing teaching capacity in the related fields at least of 150 teachers from 8 regions;
– Introducing financial literacy and entrepreneurship at 42 secondary schools and 4 VET schools;
– Engaging local entrepreneurs and representatives of finance institutions into delivery of entrepreneurship and financial literacy classes at the pilot schools;
– Establish entrepreneurship centers/innovation labs at the secondary and vocation schools;
– Arrange various trainings, workshops, business competitions for students and teachers;
– Develop the draft action plan and a clear framework of desired outcomes of entrepreneurial education and present to policy makers from the Ministry of Education.
Junior Achievement Azerbaijan – JAA
Economic development and better market opportunities
Project Type: Local
Start Date: 2018-10-01
Junior Achievement Azerbaijan - JAA